Sunday, March 19, 2006

Peace Day

Flower Child


Today I went to a Peace event at the park. There was a bell that was ringing for all of the people who died in the war. Some people made posters and stood there holding them for people to see. There was a kid corner too. In the kid corner kids could build with blocks, play with play-doh, read some books, draw, write and have fun. I got to help some little kids there too. I wrote a poem about peace there.

Non-Violence:
Peace is better than violence
Love not hate
Love not war
For all people give a
little of what you have and...
Love

It was fun to go to the park. A photographer from the Modesto Bee came and took pictures. I might be in the paper!

3 comments:

KJERRINGA MOT STRØMMEN said...

Hi Bina - I'm glad you went with us today. I'm so proud of you for going even when your throat is still hurting, even when you weren't sure if you were going to feel OK there. You were a very good bigger girl, helping the little girls there. I love your posters and poetry and I agree with you - if each of us gives just a little of what we have and do what we can do, we can create peace. Love, Bubbe

Anonymous said...

Cool poem, Sabi! Rock on! PS Love your blog.

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry about your house getting egged, what a mess! The mat nachos looked great! I love you, marlene