Sunday, January 19, 2014

Existence

I want to change the world, but that is going to be really hard to do. This world is too big for an insignificant teenage girl to do anything. I won't give up on this. I need to do something. I can't die without at least changing three lives. I only have one life to live, and I can't waste it.

Maybe I should become a teacher or a lawyer like everybody else in my family. I don't think I want that. It would be nice to become a guidance counselor or a school psychologist, but people don't think that I could make a successful career out of that. That shouldn't matter. As long as I can help one child, I will have had a wonderful existence.

Life is short, but it is never pointless. We are all here, so why not take advantage of the few years we have to do something worth while?

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?
                                                                                                                                              -Bob Marley 

Well, are you? 

No comments: