Monday, September 11, 2006

A Letter to the Principal

Today I wrote a letter to my principal about the dirty bathrooms at my school. I wrote it all by myself. My grandma help me with most of the spelling. My mom typed it up here for me. Here is my letter:

Dear Mrs. _______,
There is a problem at our school! All three girls' bathrooms are dirty! The toilet paper holder is breaking off the bathroom stall by the cafeteria. There is also graffiti in that bathroon in the last stall. Emily L. and I think that it is too much work for Rick to clean up. (the custodian)
Once I really saw three girls in 4 or 5 grade putting water in their hands and then throwing it all over the bathroom. I think that is not acceptable bajavior. Do you? Emily L and i got the idea of doing this letter because we are learning about sending letters to the mayor. You are a teeny bit like the mayor of the school. Continuing with the problem, will you please fix the toilet paper holder? Our solution is that people need to be CLEANER! Will you please remind the students at morning opening? We will volunteer to do it! Did you know that when Emily was going to the K-3 bathroom it was flooded? That is why we got the idea of doing this letter. Really, it is a lot of work for Rick the Janitor. Will you grant our request?
Hope you approve,
Sabina and Emily L.

P.S. Share this with the school please.
P.S. (again) May I scedual a appontment with you to talk about this?

4 comments:

KJERRINGA MOT STRØMMEN said...

The world (and the bathrooms at your school) will be a better place only if we each do our part, one step at a time. You are taking a big step here. Good for you and Emily. Love, Bubbe

KJERRINGA MOT STRØMMEN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nebur said...

great job, sabi! I/m proud of you..... let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Good work, Sabina. You are being part of the solution to the problem. Let us know how it works out! --Aunt Margie